Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Off Kilter

After spending the last three weekends away in three different cities, I’ve lost my balance.

With piles of laundry, no food in the fridge, and a grumpy, lonely cat, I’m buried in chores. I went to the gym for the first time in weeks- my body was sluggish and ungrateful. I’ve clipped my cat’s claws, laid out the laundry to dry, and bought food to make my lunches.

The constant rain this week has perfectly fit my mood. After almost six months of a long distance relationship, I’m exhausted. I’m tired of trying to squeeze all my errands and routines into the week so I can spend quality time on the weekends. I’m tired of long bus rides that are supposed to be four hours, but on Friday nights are rarely less than six. I’m tired of Friday night dinners at midnight, because it’s the best we can do. I’m tired of cell phones and text messages and emails to share how our mornings are going. I’m tired of just wanting more.

I‘m sure that a few miles on the treadmill, and a few trips to the laundry room will bring me back into balance, but right now I'm just feeling off kilter.

No comments:

Post a Comment