Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy Friday!


Today is moving day! W is here to help, and I've hired two guys and a truck, so hopefully it will all go smoothly. The building I'm leaving has an elevator, but we're moving into the top floor of a walk up with a narrow stairwell, so that will probably be the the tricky part.

My parents are coming up Saturday, so they'll help with the cleaning and unpacking, and get to see the new place. (Hopefully we'll take a quick break to try the cookies at Ruby et Violette!) W will be moving his things down in a few weeks, and officially moving in June 1st. 

This week I've been alternately thinking of furniture and exotic vacations. Rustic farmhouse style tables, contrasted with industrial metal benches and designer chairs. Then it's on to dreaming of lying in the shade of a Tuscan villa, or climbing through South American jungles. Something about being surrounded by boxes and bubble wrap makes my imagination wander. I wouldn't mind a few hours stretched out on this bench with a glass of sangria, and a beautiful maze of hedges stretching out behind me...

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!


Photo from the Toast Catalogue, discovered via the style files.

1 comment: