Friday, November 13, 2009

Cityscapes

I have a love/hate relationship with New York City. Having grown up in the country, I detest the noise and the crowds. I hate the smells emanating from the cement in the summer, and the slow tourists clogging up the sidewalks. But slowly over the last five years, the city has seduced me. Plying me with its endless restaurants of every variety. Cajoling with it's subway system that runs all night, and it's stores that stay open late. Somewhere along the way the very grittiness of city became part of its charm.

Marc Yankus' cityscapes diffuse all the chaos and noise into the softness of a summer rain. The glare of the buildings become like sparkling Christmas lights, and we feel like we're wrapped in an old memory that's just starting to fade.  With a little bit of the grime thrown back in here or there of course...  
Discovered via P at What Possessed Me.









No comments:

Post a Comment